Stichting STEAMup is a Dutch Non Profit organisation that sprouted from the organizing committee and the volunteer community of the Dutch FIRST Tech Challenge competition.
- Getting kids and youngsters enthusiastic about STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics) by organising learning activities and events that not only have a great technical content, but are also appealing and attractive to the target group.
- Improving knowledge and capabilities that are essential for a future technical professional (like a critical and exploratory attitude, creative and constructive thinking skills, focus to the community and the world around yourself, the importance of significant meaningful solutions and skills to be an effective and pleasant team-player. Helping to improve society’s image of Science and Technology.
- Showing the cross references between Science and Technology and other domains and that STEAM activities are an essential and indispensable element.
- Facilitating and supporting initiatives, both locally, nationally and internationally, that support the vision above.
STEAMup accomplishes this by:
- Organising learning activities, workshops, events and demonstrations that are attractive to kids and young people and that show STEAM in a positive way.
- Supporting and training people that help accomplishing the vision above.
- Supporting initiatives that contribute to the vision above, with the expertise and materials available in the STEAMup foundation.
The foundation board (stichtingsbestuur) is formed by:
- Ron Visser
- Nicolle van den Hoek
- Irene Hulsen
- Bas Koomen
- Lennart de Graaf
Contact us at: info [@] steamup.eu